Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program
The Ohio Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program is a federally-funded, state-administered program that provides financial, academic, and human support for young adults who’ve left the foster care system and are enrolled in qualified colleges, universities, or vocational education programs.
|Academic Year 2023-2024||Open date - October 1, 2022|
|Academic Year 2024-2025||Open date - October 1, 2023|
The Ohio ETV program is open to any former and current young person in foster care who meets at least one of these criteria:
- Foster care will end on and after your 18th birthday.
- In foster care at age 17 and not enrolled in high school, but have earned a GED or vocational certificate and will remain in foster care until you turn 18.
- Completed state requirements and have a high school diploma, and will remain in foster care until you turn 18.
- Left foster care after your 16th birthday because you were adopted or placed in a kinship guardianship.
Additionally you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen
- Have personal assets (bank account, car, home, etc.) worth less than $10,000
- Be enrolled in a degree, certificate or other accredited program and show that you are making satisfactory academic progress.
Ohio ETV recipients must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA each term. Students must submit an academic transcript showing grades and GPA from the most recently completed semester/term.
Sign-up and answer a brief series of questions, then complete your ETV application here.
Need help signing up? Email Cara Dyer, Database and Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Student Support
Our coordinator is available to assist students in navigating their higher education experience through monthly one-on-one meetings. They have access to key contacts on campus and can support students’ work through financial aid issues and are able to provide guidance when making academic decisions such as when to drop a class or remain. They also help administer Education and Training Voucher (ETV) funds.